ECO-BLACK reinforcement are made of basalte fibers. This material is a volcanic rock from a magma cooled rapidly in contact with water or air. Named "black rock", this fiber has many advantages. These braids are designed to manufacture prosthetic sockets.
- Health : The Basalt is an inert material, nontoxic and non-carcinogenic. Hence, our Basalt range (braids, tape, in sheet) can by handle safely.
- Compatible with our acrylic resins COPACRYL : The mechanical tests realized by our CPO partner have allowed us to validate this compatibility.
- Impregnability of the basalt : Compared to the synthetic fibers (carbon and glass), Basalt fibers provide also a good wettability and don’t absorb moisture.
- Mechanical properties : Basalt fiber provides to the composite high mechanical properties :
- stress and distortion at break are higher than those of the glass fiber,
- high YOUNG modulus (89 GPa).
- Compatible with the other fibers : Like our ORTHOFLAX® range, our Basalt products can be used in combination with other kind of fibers.
- Architecture : +/- 45°
- Diameters : 130, 150 et 225mm
- Weighing : 244, 488, 661 g/m
- Packaging : 5mL roll